Founder and Managing Partner
Arnon Segev is the firm’s managing partner and chair of the Capital Markets and Finance, General Commercial Transactions and Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice areas, as well as a member of the Investments and Private Equity and Pensions and Provident Funds teams.
With over 25 years’ experience, and a reputation for up-to-date market knowledge, a thorough understanding of his clients’ legal and commercial needs, and provision of sophisticated, personal and dedicated counsel, Arnon is frequently retained for his advice and representation in all areas in which he practices.
Past and current representative transactions include:
- Advising with respect to some of the largest merger and acquisition transactions between banks and the private sector affecting the Israeli financial industry.
- Serving, per nomination by the Israeli Finance Minister, as temporary liquidator for one of Israel’s largest pension funds with 1.5 billion USD of assets under management, following a finding of fraudulent activity by its managers, resulting in recovery of more than 70 million USD by pensioners.
- Representing one of Israel’s largest and most prominent pension and provident funds in a directors’ liability case resulting in a finding by the Israeli Supreme Court and a landmark precedent concerning fiduciary obligations expected from directors and officers of a pension fund.
- Serving as counsel to Israeli pension funds, provident funds and insurance companies in connection with some of the most significant sales of mutual and provident funds in the Israeli market.
- Representing banks, insurance companies, financial advisors, and investment portfolio managers, both local and foreign, in navigating the Israeli regulatory schemes and in entering the Israeli market.
- Representing underwriters with respect to the issuance of bonds secured by US real estate interests on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE).
Recognized by industry professionals and colleagues as an expert with respect to financial regulation in the field of capital markets, Arnon is frequently consulted by US and UK counsel, is a regular guest speaker at conferences and panel discussions and is nominated for positions involving substantial fiduciary trust and a comprehensive understanding of the intricacies and nuances affecting the capital markets arena. [Note – this paragraph should not be a bullet point. It should be stand-alone]
Current and past positions and speaking engagements include:
- Participated in the Behar legislative reform process, considered to be one of the most critical reforms in the Israeli Capital Markets.
- Provision of ongoing consultation to the Israeli Commissioner of Capital Markets and the Security Commissioner with respect to public policy in the field of securities law and regulatory changes and implementation.
- Serving as a member of several public committees, including a committee presided over by the Honorable Judge Shochat of the Tel Aviv District Court, as to the distribution of pension funds in connection with divorce proceedings.